- Principle 1: Design an outreach strategy that includes at-risk youth.
- Principle 2: Create a “home base” with adults who themselves have once been identified as at-risk. Many of them have “been there and done that.”
- Principle 3: Convey a philosophy of change and both short- and long-term goals for the youth participants and the community.
- Principle 4: Identify issues that connect to these youths’ experiences and explore the causes of each of the risk factors
- Principle 5: Create youth and adult teams since each can learn from and contribute to the growth of others.
- Principle 6. Build youth and adult capacity since each can serve as leaders.
- Principle 7: Continue to provide these youth with supports to manage daily life stressors, such as family dynamics, relationships and school.
- Principle 8: Sustain access and influence by continuing to develop links to other community organizations that can expand opportunities for meaningful participation of all youth.
If you liked this post you may want to sign up for automatic updates. You can choose the RSS feed or an email subscription at the bottom of the sidebar.