Sunday, August 05, 2007

Grant Writing Easier Than You Think?


Executive Director Lain Shakespeare at the Wren's Nest in Atlanta may have it right. What do you think?
The Wren’s Nest » Ketchum: Wren’s Nest Wins!: "I don’t want to jinx myself, but it seems like grant writing is a lot easier than professional grant writers would have you think. Actual writing talent is way overrated–personality goes a long way, and nobody can tell your story better than you.

After you identify your grant and maybe perform a little research at the Foundation Center, all you’re gonna need is three things: passion, precision, and knowledge of your audience.

The last one is most important because each grantmaker has different rules. Learning these rules is like learning your manners all over again."

2 comments:

Lain said...

Yes, of course I'm right! As usual!

Actually, I have no idea. I just pretend like I'm right and hope that other believe me!

Lain said...

...please insert a "folks" somewhere in there. Sheesh. Thanks.